Loading Tasks from individual class library dlls and executing in separate AppDomains

Sep 20, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Hi there. This project is great. Your code is very clean and is very similar to how I have done enterprise schedulers myself without the need for Quartz.

Do you plan on having tasks loadable from a dll? Perhaps just iterate through a dll for assembly load for reflection only and check to see what classes derive from Task? It would be great if there was a method say "LoadTasksFromDirectory(string directory)" and it would load up tasks and ensure they are all executed in separate AppDomains.

Just food for thought perhaps.

Great project,

Jeremy Child.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Hi Jeremy,

I actually hadn't really thought about using a binary to load tasks, but it's definitely a good idea and something I'll add to the future feature list.

Eventually I am planning to enable Cadence to use configuration metadata. Ideally, I'd like to be able to point to a configuration source, whether it's an XML file, database, Excel file, or some other mechanism, and have Cadence load and configure tasks automatically. This would likely lead to some front end work as well, like a light configuration UI so people can create and edit tasks without any programming knowledge.

Thanks for the comment!
Matt